How much does school dinner cost?
Secondary school dinners are £2.42 for a two course meal. Snack prices begin from £1. The menu can be found below.
A free bowl of porridge or a bagel for breakfast is also provided in the mornings alongside a range of other refreshments (from 8:10-8:30am)
Applying for free school meals: Who is eligible?
To qualify for free school meals families must be receiving one of these:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Based Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Section VI of the Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, without any entitlement to Working Tax Credit, and with an annual income below £16,190
How do I apply for free school meals?
To apply call Lewisham on 020 8314 6221 between 10am-4pm, or CLICK HERE
Free school meals cannot be back dated so you should apply as soon as your children require free school meals and it is entirely the parents' responsibility to keep their application valid by reapplying when necessary.
The school can only allow students to get a free school meal once Lewisham have informed us that they are eligible. Children who are eligible and registered for Free School Meals, still use their thumb print to access their school meals on a daily basis.
How do I pay for school meals?
At Deptford Green School, we use Parent Pay to collect payments for school trips, school dinners and other school items. Parent Pay can be accessed HERE. It is also possible to pay in some local shops via Pay Point if you do not have internet access/debit card.
Parent Pay has a number of beneficial features for our parents, students and staff:
- You can pay for school dinners, residential trips, and some school equipment (such as maths sets, revision books) all on one account.
- You can monitor what your child is eating at school and how much they are spending.
- You will know if they are buying snacks or a full meal, and whether they are also eating breakfast here
- Your child will not need to worry about having the correct amount of money on them or having the correct change
- Large payments can be made without a child bringing cash to the school and without any fear of clerical errors.
It is a school requirement that every family has Parent Pay. If you experience difficulty with the system please do contact the school. We give each parent unique log in details for Parent Pay before your child starts at Deptford Green, to ensure that from day one, everything will run smoothly.
If you are having problems with your Parent Pay log-in, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org