Why Join Us?
Steering our journey towards becoming a leading Arts school in Lewisham and beyond with exceptional academic and pastoral provision inclusively for all
Whatever our student’s future goals may be, it is our intention to offer the guidance, knowledge and access to experiences that will support the achievement of their ambitions and ensure they stand out from the crowd.
Choosing the right secondary school can be a daunting prospect, but it is our firm belief that an education at Deptford Green is one where young adults are both nurtured and challenged, inspired to fulfil their potential and encouraged to create their own pathway.
Why choose us?
- We provide the opportunity for every student to fulfil their academic potential and be able to achieve their ambitions for the next stage of their educational journey
- We encourage every student to make a positive contribution to the school community and the wider community that we serve
- Developing every student socially and emotionally; and equipping them with the skills and attributes needed to live happy, safe and productive adult lives is a key priority
- A dedication to helping every student and member of staff achieve more than they ever thought possible, regardless of starting points
- A community of excellence with high expectations for success in ourselves and others
- An environment where individuals take responsibility for themselves and respect others, fostering a healthy and safe community
- A commitment to equality and diversity, valuing and embracing the fact we are all different and show tolerance for the beliefs, faith and opinions of others
- An emphasis on preparing our students to develop into articulate, confident, courteous and considerate citizens
- Promoting a love of learning through high quality and engaging teaching to deliver great learning outcomes
- The achievement of all students and staff are celebrated and rewarded
- Arts specialism provides a rich experience both within and outside of the classroom
- Highly specialised teachers; experts in their field
- Learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom including cultural visits and events, volunteering, mentorship, leadership prospects and enrichment activities
- Dedicated Careers service to offer support, guidance, advice, and work experience
- Partnerships with Place to Be, Goldsmiths, The Albany, Trinity Laban, Brilliant Club, Future First, CTK college, Cockpit Arts, Future First
- Outstanding facilities including a fitness gym, sound recording studio and radio station, Astro-turf, well-resourced library, light and spacious classrooms and tiered seating conference hall and performance area.