As a close-knit community, we make every effort to celebrate each other’s successes and achievements, topical learning days, cultures and beliefs within our community.
A rich programme of celebration events are built into the academic year. These include:
- Awareness events including Black History Month, World Book Day, LGBT History Month, International Women’s Day, Mental Health and our Cultural Evening.
- All year groups experience reward trips and events each term based on excellent effort and attendance. Previous celebrations have included bowling, ice skating and cinema visits – one year we even turned our sports hall into a roller disco!
- We take great pride in our Arts Specialism and as such, a host of celebration events and performances are a focal point of our calendar. From art exhibitions and large-scale music productions to open mic performances and end of year shows.
- At the end of Key Stage 3, students experience a graduation style event, a celebration event and preparation for the next phase of their education.
- Careers week for each year group.