A Valued Career
What can you expect from us?
We pride ourselves on our exceptional staff experience and positive working culture. We have worked exceptionally hard to ensure that choosing a career at Deptford Green is a rewarding experience for everyone.
- State-of-the-art facilities and a bank of resources
- Relationships between staff are based on mutual respect and developmental feedback
- Supportive and successful leadership with a strong and clear strategy for the future
- Staff are empowered to take control of their roles with clear guidance and a supportive open-door policy
- A highly skilled, like-minded and approachable network of colleagues
- Positive engagement with networks, professionals and families.
The extra mile
Choosing a career at Deptford Green School means choosing a future that is valued and rewarded.
We are offering a chance to work with ambitious and determined young learners, but we understand that job satisfaction goes beyond this.
Our staff package is designed with you in mind because we know that this is how we can support you to perform at your best. Our portfolio of benefits is designed to enhance and support the working lives of staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to staff wellbeing: a dedicated wellbeing programme and use of onsite gym
- We endorse the cycle-to-work scheme and annual season ticket loans
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Inner London salary weighting with prospects of performance bonuses and generous pension scheme
- Annual increments for support staff
- Termly Staff Stars: hard work and commitment is rewarded through termly nominations and prizes including wine, chocolates and weekly staff star nominations and medals.
- Staff enrichment sessions: previous sessions have included cookery lessons, wine tasting, darts, print making, pottery and running club
- Incentive days off
- Generous PPA time and all teachers are provided with their own classroom and adaptive learning spaces
- Regular staff social events are organised during the academic year
- Free tea and coffee and free school meals when on lunch duty.
Investing in you
Career development plans are bespoke to each member of staff, based on expertise, experience and ambition, allowing senior leaders to craft tailored training and development programmes that match the aspirations of staff.
Our CPD offer is built around a focus on INSPIRE: Induction, Networking, Sharing best practice, Pedagogy, Innovation and Ideas, Research based practice and Embedding. Highlights of our INSPIRE programme include:
- Own Head of Human Resources in-house
- CPD menu for Teaching Staff at every stage including weekly in-house programmes coaching, mentorship, shadowing, opportunities to lead, training, external CPD, Twilights, ward rounds and more
- National training programmes and external qualifications including SSAT
- Partnership with institutions including Teach First Institute of Education, Goldsmiths and South London Teaching School hub and PiXL
- Bespoke career plans and opportunities to ‘opt-in’ to personal development courses
- A commitment to in-house training and talent management
- All colleagues benefit from a comphrensive induction programme that ensures they are fully supported and ready to begin their career including inductions, briefings, tours, opportunity to meet staff and students before their first day
An enviable location
Situated on the south bank of the River Thames, Lewisham Borough offers a competitive employment package, attractive working environment and strong prospects to enhance your professional and personal life.
Here are some of the reasons Lewisham is an ideal place to work:
- A successful, thriving and cosmopolitan part of London, Lewisham is occupied by creative and diverse communities who benefit from attractive residential neighbourhoods and a wealth of parks and green spaces
- Located just 17 minutes from the centre of London, we are well connected through excellent transport links with the international rail terminal in Stratford and London Overground within easy reach, and you can even fly away to Europe for a long weekend away via London City Airport
- Lewisham is undergoing a period of regeneration and development, with new, affordable housing and leisure facilities taking place in town centres
- Excellent entertainment: closely situated to Lewisham town centre for a bustling shopping centre, performing arts centre The Albany serves dance, music, theatre and spoken-word performances and nearby are the O2 Arena, Cutty Sark, the Royal Observatory, Horniman Museum, Lewisham Arthouse and Goldsmiths Centre for Contemporary Arts, visit the Deptford Market Arches Yard, and much more
- A wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities on your doorstep to benefit you in your free time and provide exciting learning opportunities beyond the classroom.