Our school is part of METRO Charity’s Anti-Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic Bullying Project. METRO Charity provide health, community and youth services across London and the South East, and their Anti-Bullying Project works with staff, students and parents in over 300 schools like ours. They have been working closely with us to help celebrate diversity; eradicate homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying, and raise awareness.
As part of our involvement in the project, parents/carers from our school community are invited to a free day of workshops, discussions and talks on supporting young people with their gender identity and sexual orientation.
The day will:
- provide a supportive environment where you can seek advice
- offer workshops on gender identity, sexual orientation, and how to support young people
- be an opportunity to meet other parents/carers and share experiences
- include the chance to meet with young LGBT+ people from METRO's Youth Groups and hear about their experiences
- give more information on METRO Charity, the work they do in schools, and how they can offer further support to families and young people
As a result of taking part in the conference, you will receive a certificate that, should you wish, can be shown to employers as proof of Continued Professional Development.
When: Friday 16th November, 10.30 – 1.30
Where: METRO Charity, Equitable House, Woolwich, SE18 6FH
Find out more: https://metroparents.eventbrite.co.uk
Contact METRO Charity: email@example.com