Student/parent support services during school closure
- In a medical emergency you should ring 999 and go to A & E.
- If you or somebody else is in danger, or it feels like a situation might get dangerous and you need support right away, call the police on 999.
- If you have concerns about your safety and welfare or the safety and welfare of another young person in Lewisham you can call 0208314 6660 to speak to a duty social worker or 0207 5251921 in Southwark.
If it is not an emergency, you can get support from the following services.
- YoungMinds for mental health support. If you need urgent help, text YM to 85258. All texts are free and are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors.
- Childline- Counselling service: www.childline.org.uk or 0800 111
- Shout for support in a crisis. 24/7 test service for anyone in a crisis anytime. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help. Text 85258.
- Samaritans- 24hr service offering emotional support. Helpline: 116 123, www.samaritans.org Email email@example.com
- Kooth- Online mental well-being support. Free, safe and anonymous support www.kooth.com
- Youth Wellbeing Directory- find support services local to you: www.youthwellbeing.co.uk
- On My Mind- make informed choices about mental health wellbeing: www.onmymind.info
- PAPYRUS- if you are having suicidal thoughts or you’re concerned about a young person having suicidal thoughts please contact HOPELINEUK on 0800-068-4141 text- 07860 039 976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEOP - Report inappropriate online acts. CEOP helps keep children and young people safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. We help thousands of children and young people every year, as well as their parents and carers who have been in a similar situation to you. To make a report got to: https://www.ceop.police.uk/ceop-reporting/
- BEAT - need to talk to someone about an eating disorder? Helpline: 0808 801 0677 Student line: 0808 801 0811
- Local Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)- 020 3228 6000
Other support services in Lewisham