Deptford Green School is home to one of the largest music Department’s in England with over 140 pupils currently taking Music GCSE across KS4. In 2017 students achieved a pass rate of 100% at A*-C placing Music at Deptford Green within the top two hundred departments in the country. The school was subsequently presented with The Gold Award from The Incorporated Society of Musicians.
The aim of the Music Department is to provide all pupils, regardless of socioeconomic backgrounds, with experience in creating and performing Music across a wide range of genres whilst expanding their technical skills using a variety of musical instruments.
The pass rate for Music GCSE has remained above 80% A*-C for the past five academic years. The Curriculum is based around the pupil’s individual skills, allowing them to flourish in their own area of expertise whether practical or technological.
• Individual and small group Music lessons are fully subsidised by the school; we can offer the following instrumental tuition:
• Bass Guitar
• Steel Pans
• Open Mic/Rock Club
• Guitar Club
• Jazz Band
The department has established several partnerships with professional organisations within the local community. These include:
• Opera projects and singing galas with Trinity Laban Conservatoire
• Baroque workshops with Laurence Cummings
• Composition workshops with The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation in association with Goldsmith’s University
• Performance workshops with London Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall
• Deptford Green staff and pupils offer performance and composition workshops for pupils at primary schools in the local area
• XLP Showcase Live
• Lewisham Live
• School Musical
• Local Primary Schools
• Singing Gala with Trinity Laban
• XLP auditions
Mr M Rogers email@example.com Head of Department