Our resource provision is a fully integrated part of the school where guidance and support is given to our dyslexic students enabling them to become independent and confident learners.
We strongly believe that Dyslexia is not a barrier to learning and we strive to support our students in discovering the best way for them, as an individual, to move forward with a variety of strategies, methods and an understanding of their own need that allows them to reach their potential.
Overall our Resource provision places your child at the centre of what we do. Time and care is taken to not only support learning, but to encourage self-belief and a desire to reach as high as they can academically. We believe that our role is to provide the springboard from which your child can confidently launch into life after Deptford Green School, taking a variety of strategies, skills, and their brilliant minds with them.
Students enter the base by means of referral from Lewisham Council not within school.
The criteria for entry is:
• Be of secondary school age up to the age of 16.
• Have an EHCP or be undergoing a formal assessment under the 1996 Education Act
• Have Severe Dyslexia (SpLD) as their Primary need
- In addition have other associated difficulties which include; dyspraxia, dyscalculia, language difficulties
- ADHD and ASD can occur alongside Severe Dyslexia
• Has the potential to access mainstream classes & activities.
Students spend part of their Educational career accessing both mainstream education and the specialism of the Resource Base. We aim to ensure that students make accelerated progress from a lower starting point.
We encourage the development of their personal, social, and life skills. They become more independent learners.
Students are given the skills and strategies to be able to choose realistic and relevant pathways.
Students are taught by fully qualified and passionate staff in a safe and nurturing environment.