Our events this year:
17.10.12 9.30-11am Coffee Morning
24.10.12 6.45 – 8.30pm Parents’ Forum
21.11.12 9.30-11am Coffee Morning
30.01.13 9.30-11am Coffee Morning
14.02.13 6:45 Additional Parents' Forum
06.03.13 6.45 – 8.30pm Parents’ Forum
20.03.13 9.30-11am Coffee Morning
01.05.13 9.30-11am Coffee Morning
22.05.13 6.45 – 8.30pm Parents’ Forum
03.07.13 9:30-11am Coffee Morning
Parents' Forums and Coffee Mornings
The school runs regular forums and coffee mornings to ensure that parents can ask questions and get their views heard. We want you to be involved in the life of the school.
It is important that we know what we are doing well at, and what we could improve at so we would like to encourage as much participation at these groups as parents and carers can manage. All are welcome and these are very friendly open groups.
These are held in the school once every half term and begin at 6:45pm. Full agendas are available the week of the meetings on the website and in the weekly Gazette. We want you to be part of school life and attending the forum is a way to feel included. The forum is your opportunity to have an active voice in the school so please come along and be a part of our school community.
Parents Coffee Mornings
These are held from 9:30am-11am once every half term. The coffee mornings are in general a place for you to share with other parents and the Parent Liaison Officer any concerns you may be having with your child/ren in school. The dates are sent out in September for the year and reminders are in the weekly Gazette a week in advance. For a reminder of the full dates of these for the year, click on the link to dates and events and download full calendar for the year.
Here’s a quick update on a selection of recent issues that have been dealt with at the forums and coffee mornings, which shows how valuable it is to be a member:
• School lunch menus, subject curriculums and the GCSE revision and exam timetables are now viewable on website, plus all teachers contact details are also available on there under ‘Contact Us’
• Communication has been an on-going issue. Mr Ellis has introduced the weekly gazette and this gets given to all students on a Friday and also appears on the website. There is a also a Parent Surgery with Mr Ellis every Friday from 4.30-6.30 – appointments can be made through Ms McCraith. Tracy Walker, Parents Liaison Officer, is also available for 'drop-ins'. Feel free to contact her for an appointment that best suits you
• As a result of continued concerns over an apparent lack of homework in general, Mr Ellis has introduced a Homework Timetable which is in the process of being bedded in. The quality of homework is also being constantly reviewed
• Halal chicken is now being served in a wrap in the canteens at lunchtime
• Lockers are sadly not possible – the school design doesn’t allow it and there is currently no money for them
• A new Report System will be introduced shortly
• School will continue to monitor the use of the students planner as a tool for communication as part of its internal monitoring process